December 28, 2009

All I Really Need





How was Christmas day for you?  Did you enjoy time with family or friends?  I hope it was a meaningful celebration of Christ’s birth.  The celebration has been real for me this year in many ways.
We enjoyed a Christmas Eve Candlelight service at a local church with Tom’s family.  The carols were so much fun to sing and I felt very blessed to know the truth of the words we sang. 
“All is well, all is well
Lift up your voice and sing!
Born is now Emmanuel,
Born is our Lord and Savior!”
“He comes to make His blessings known…And let the nations prove, the glories of His righteousness, and wonders of His love.”
On Christmas Day I awoke feeling so very blessed.  We have good family relationships on both sides, we have healthy children, and food on the table.  We have the promise of an eternal future with Christ.
How many people didn’t get what they wanted for Christmas?  Our world makes us think that Christmas is about us, and about what we can get.  But I realized yesterday that I have received all that I really need.  I received a Savior.  I have received love, and forgiveness, and fellowship.  That’s all I really need.   And that’s what I want to remember and celebrate.
I pray that you also come out of this Christmas season knowing that you have all that you really need. That’s the good news of great joy!